LOGISTICS FOR UTILITY SCALE SOLAR
execution and delivery
At Power Factor we are motivated to bring state of the art, reliable solar projects to each of our clients on an individual, customized basis. We want to provide our subject matter expertise to give you the best options, design and value available on projects that will generate savings for the long term with reliability and maximum uptime.
Power Factor’s focus centers on utility and industrial clean energy project installation. We excel at our mission of providing business owners with value, quality, and attractive returns on investment. Power Factor focuses on safety, logistics, management, quality control and execution.
- 2-year warranty on workmanship
- Commissioning and Utility Interconnection Approval
- Accurate onsite construction durations
- Close-out documentation, manuals and warranties (hard and soft copies)
- SWPP, Environmental and Perimeter safety markings
- Standard (non-UL) grounding/lightning protection included
- NEC and OSHA compliant electrical and installation practice.
- Power Factor operates safe work sites.
- Operations and maintenance manuals and training (up to 40 hours specified)
- GL/Professional Liability/WC – Coverage at min $1,000,000 / 2,000,000, with minimum $5,000,000 umbrella policy.
- Mutually agreed upon schedule of values at time of contract for project progress payments
POWER FACTOR AVOIDS CHANGE ORDERS
our goal is to build relationships with partners over several years
Trust is an important part of doing business for Power Factor.
Power Factor makes a point of pursuing projects that allow us to leverage our experience and problem-solving skills, which results in projects that exceed our clients’ expectations. George has a natural mind for logistics and electrical problem solving. Every project is simply a challenge to define the steps needed to meet the target and executables.
ON TIME AND ON BUDGET
With over 25MW of projects on military bases Power Factor can deliver the highest quality, PV projects on time and on budget. We have successfully design built or furnished and installed 3000 renewable energy projects for NAVFAC, USACE, private contractors for the DOD and DLA over the last 6yrs. Operations maintenance for 2200 systems are managed by Power Factor.
Power Factor ’s team has a NABCEP Certified PV Installer™, PV-041214-001795 who follows NEC, NFPA, IBC, IEEE and UL certification requirements. George has been invited to Lincoln Labs at MIT, has designed two patents, one for wire design and the other for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) for forward operating base (FOB) rapid trip switch, portable PV power stations.
Power Factor uses Procore a web based, project management tool in our QA/QC program that help efficiently track daily reports in real-time and project schedule shifts, errors and corrective actions. Power Factor ’s due diligence and planning allow us to provide fixed price bids with minimal need for customer involvement after a project commences. Exceptions include approval of customer driven change orders and alterations to stamped design after construction has commenced.